Instant and secure payments with your favorite Apple device!
Why pay with Apple Pay?
Apple Pay® makes checkout fast and easy by allowing you to make purchases with a single touch/glance using your eligible device.
Your card information is secure because it isn’t stored on your device or shared when you pay. Paying in stores, in apps and on the web has never been easier or safer.
How Apple Pay Works
Designed to work wherever you see one of these symbols
Pay in stores
Pay in stores with your iPhone and Apple Watch
Pay within Apps
Pay in apps with your iPhone
Pay on the web
Pay online with your iPhone,
iPad and Mac
How do I add an Ahli United Bank credit card to Apply Pay?
Adding a card via Wallet App
- On iPhone, open the Wallet App, tap the ‘+’ sign and follow instructions
- For Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select “Wallet & Apple Pay,” then tap “Add Credit or Debit Card”
- On iPad, go to Settings, open “Wallet & Apple Pay,” and select “Add Credit or Debit Card.”
- On Macbook Pro with Touch id, go to system preferences, select “Wallet & Apple Pay,” and then ‘Add Card’
Adding a card via
AUB M-Bank Bahrain App
- Open the AUB M-Bank Bahrain app on your iPhone and sign on
- Tap on the profile icon in the upper left-hand corner to go to ‘Settings’
- Select the card you want to add
- If the card is eligible, you will see a “Add to Apple Pay” button
- Tap on it & follow instructions
*AUB Mastercard debit and credit can be added to Apple Pay.
Apple Pay FAQs
Apple Pay® is a secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service which can be used to make purchases nearly everywhere. Apple Pay® allows you to make in-store and online (in-app or on web) payments using your Apple devices by leveraging the Near Field Communication (NFC) technology.
Apple Pay® makes checkout fast and easy by allowing you to make purchases with a single touch/glance using your eligible device. You will continue to enjoy the same Ahli United Bank Card rewards and benefits. Additionally, Apple Pay® adds a level of security to your payment information.
Apple Pay uses Secure Environment technology to secure your payment.
- Tokenization technology ensures your physical card details are not stored on your phone or given to merchants. Your physical card number is replaced by a Device Card Number.
- Normal applications and malware have no access to the information in a Secure Environment.
- All transactions need to be authorized by you (via passcode/ Touch ID/ Face ID). If your phone is lost/stolen, it cannot be used without passcode/ Touch ID/ Face ID verification.
- When you make a purchase, Apple Pay uses a device-specific number and unique transaction code. So your card number is never stored on your device or on Apple servers, and when you pay, your card numbers are never shared by Apple with merchants.
For enhanced security, your actual card number will never be stored on the phone or exposed to the merchant. Your card number will instead be replaced by a unique digital number (i.e. Device Card Number, visible at the back of pass of the card in the Apple Pay Wallet App).
This Device Card Number will then be transmitted to merchants in place of your actual card number for purchases.
No. Apple Pay does not have access to your AUB accounts.
You can go to your Apple ID account page via iCloud or use the Find My iPhone app to suspend or permanently remove the ability to pay from that device with Apple Pay. Your cards will be suspended or removed from Apple Pay even if your device is offline and not connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
Additionally, you can call the number on back of your card and a customer service representative will help you. The Device Card Number(s) of your cards enrolled on Apple Pay on the device will be blocked. You can continue to use your cards via other channels.